Preserved Farmland: (as of July 2015)
Click to view our Map of Preserved Farms
• Allen Farm – Located at 1175 Copperhill Road. Consisting of two parcels for a total of 110 acres on the east and west side of Copperhill Road, the development rights to the Allen Farm were purchased by the State and Town in 2005.
• Armstrong Farm – Located at 1393 Sheldon Street, the farms primary road frontage is on Sheldon Street with secondary access from Taintor Street. The Armstrong Farm consists of 238 acres of prime farmland which was preserved from development in 1994. The farm is currently owned by Simpaug Farms Limited Partnership.
• Beneski Farm (Grand Farm) – Located at 141 South Grand Street with 88 acres of prime farmland. The Beneski Farm was preserved in 2006 with State and Town funds.
• Berry Farm – Located at 1576 North Stone Street and extending into Feeding Hills, Ma. The Berry Farm consists of 55 acres of land which was preserved with State funds in 1996. The property is currently owned by Vincent Farms, LLC.
• Bielonko Farm – Located at 190 East Street North with views of the Connecticut River. The Bielonko Farm consists of 58 acres of farmland and was preserved in 2012 with funds from the State and Town of Suffield.
• Coulter Farm – Consisting of three parcels of land located near the intersection of Taintor and Hale Streets, the Coulter Farm totals 113 acres. The farm was preserved in 1994 by the State of Connecticut.
• Curtiss Farm – The Curtiss Farm is made up of two parcels totaling 42 acres located on South Street. The Town and National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) preserved this property in 2004. The property is currently owned by Indra Fields, LLC.
• Dunai Farm (Cupola Hollow Farm) – The farm is located at 1510 North Stone Street consisting of 52 acres of prime farmland near the Massachusetts border. The Town, State, and NRCS contributed funding to preserve this property in 2003. For more information on the farm, visit their website - www.cupolahollowfarm.com
• Falkowski Farm – This farm consists of three parcels located off Ratley Road and Spruce Street for a total of 174 acres of prime farmland. The State preserved this farm in 1984.
• Fish/Kent Farm – Located at 410 Taintor Street, the Fish/Kent Farm consists of two parcels of land totaling 96 acres. The Town, State, and NRCS contributed funding to preserve this property in 2006.
• Hastings Farm – Located at 450 Hill Street, the Hastings Farm consists of 141 acres of farmland. The State preserved this farm in 2002. For more information, please visit their website - http://www.hastingsfamilyfarm.com
• Leahey Farm – Located on Sheldon and Taintor Streets, the Leahey Farm consists of two separate parcels totaling 79 acres. The farm was preserved in 2011 with Town and State funding.
• Miller Farm – Located at 1321 Sheldon Street the Miller Farm consists of two parcels totaling 36 acres. This farm was preserved in 2007 with funding from the State, NRCS, and Town. The property is currently owned by a local farmer.
• Olson Farm – Located at 896 North Grand Street, the Olson Farm is currently the only preserved farm in Suffield that utilized the Department of Energy & Environmental Protection’s Open Space and Watershed Land Grant program in 2010. The property consists of 39 acres and public access is permitted in the wooded area by Muddy Brook.
• Phillips Farm – This property consists of two parcels of prime farmland for a total of 64 acres on the west side of Ratley Road. The Phillips Farm was preserved in 2003 with funds from the State, NRCS, and Town.
• Sheldon-Mel Farm – Located near the East Granby town line at 1601 Sheldon Street, the Sheldon-Mel Farm consists of three parcels of land totaling 106 acres. The State preserved this farm in 1995.
• Quarry Brook Farm – Bisected by the Farmington Canal Bike Trail, Quarry Brook Farm is located at 4011 Phelps Road. The two parcels consist of 123 acres of prime farmland. The property was preserved in 2011 with State and Town funding.
• Tuckahoe Turf Farm – Located at 399 Warnertown Road, the farm consists of 160 acres of farmland. While it is no longer used for growing turf, the property is still in active agriculture. The farm was preserved by the State in 1992 and is now owned by a local farmer.
• Zalewski Farm – Located at 864 Thrall Avenue, the Zalewski Farm has approximately 56 acres of prime farmland. The property was preserved in 2007 with funding from the Town and NRCS.
• Zera Farm – Located at 547 Russell Avenue, the Zera Farm consists of two parcels totaling 82 acres. The property was preserved in 2006 with funding from the Town, State, and NRCS. The property is currently owned by Vincent Farms, LLC.
For more information, contact
Bill Hawkins, Director of Planning & Development
at 860-668-3848 or Email
Copyright © 2019 • Town of Suffield AG Council • 83 Mountain Rd. Suffield, CT 06078